DET/CHE was founded in 1985 by media directors who felt a need to discuss shared work interests and problems which were not being addressed by existing professional media organizations. Today, DET/CHE is comprised of a membership cutting across all segments of California higher education – Private Colleges and Universities, the University of California, California State University, and California Community Colleges.
Directors of Educational Technology / California Higher Education provides a unique forum for focusing on common management concerns within academic computing, instructional technology, media services, and distance education across all levels of higher education.
- To provide an organization and identity for managers of campus-wide educational technology services.
- To provide for an exchange among members of ideas and information relating to educational technology.
- To provide professional growth among members.
- To advocate statewide leadership that facilitates teaching and learning through the use of educational technology based upon proven research.
- To identify the uniqueness of roles played by the manager of educational technology services.
- To determine standards against which educational technology services can be measured and evaluated.
- To encourage interaction with teaching programs in educational technology.
- To provide information about educational technology to appropriate governmental agencies and legislative bodies.
You may learn more about the founding and establishment of DET/CHE.
3401 Adams Ave, Suite A
San Diego, CA 92116-2490